Travel saving tips
Travel can be fun but expensive. So what are some ways to save for a trip? Below are a few suggestions to get you on track.
Find the “gold” you are sitting on
- Cut one service a year that you can live without. Do you “need” everything you buy? The answer is probably no. Think about it. Do you need cable or another electronic service? Eliminating one service per year could help you save that extra $100 or more per month for a vacation.
- Sell what you no longer need. We all have that closet full of electronics, small appliances, clothes, or even baby items that we know we’ll never use again. Consider selling your items to someone who does. Have a yard sale. If you cannot sell it, donate it and take the tax deduction.
Become more lean and mean
- Consider buying clothes in thrift or discount stores. Thrift or discount stores (depends on your preference) do have a lot of good deals.
- Never shop for big ticket items impulsively. You could spend way more than you need to by not doing your homework. If you have a limited budget and want to save, take the time to research.
Use reward programs
- If your credit card offers rewards, use them for travel.
None of these ideas seem very big, but just like saving, you have to start somewhere. And you’ll find that starting small and saving over time creates a snowball effect that will amount to more than you expected.
If you would like to find out other ways to save, please search around our website or contact us. We would be more than happy to help!