Commercial Relationship Manager
This position originates, evaluates, negotiates, and prepares loan requests for approval in compliance with established guidelines and is responsible for marketing loan products and maintaining loan relationships with borrowers and developing new business in Marion and surrounding counties. The position should succeed in working in a positive, team-oriented environment, contributing to the ongoing success of the Credit Union.
Key elements in this service delivery are achieving sales, service and operational initiatives. The position exists to increase the Credit Union’s relationship with its members by improving their financial life and delivering the exceptional member experience.
- Actively participate in community events and organizations. Projects the professional image of the Credit Union.
- Expected to meet and exceed assigned goals which support the balanced scorecard objectives.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives. Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures.
- Promotes the sales and service culture of the Credit Union through coaching, guidance and staff motivation
- Identify and cross-sell a wide range of commercial and consumer banking services by following a proactive sales and business development plan. Will meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Develop new loan opportunities and manage existing loan portfolio (establishing pricing for profitability while ensuring minimum loss risk).
- Maintain an ongoing business development program in order to assist existing customers and solicit new customers to the Credit Union. Ensures accurate and timeline client information is entered into and maintained within the credit union’s CRM solution.
- Work with Retail Sales and Business to Business Sales Teams to promote commercial banking services, assisting with identification of desired commercial clients.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations and participating in community projects.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in business development
- Strong credit risk assessment skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services.
- Superior knowledge of the local community – industries, economic base, culture, key leaders, competitors
- Knowledge of NCUA regulations pertaining to lending and debt collection.
- Strong verbal communication skills, self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills Articulate and comfortable in communicating with all levels within the CU organization and with external customers.
Required Background (Education, Experience and Certifications)
Requires knowledge typically gained through the attainment of a four-year degree in business, accounting or finance.
Must have a minimum of 3 years relevant commercial lending experience
Should have at least 3 years proven sales experience
Financial Center has been serving Central Indiana for 60 years. Because we're member-owned and headquartered in Indianapolis we are able to provide better, more responsive service to our members. It starts and ends with our hard working employees.
Financial Center is seeking honest, motivated, connected, eager, ethical and driven people to help us deliver an exceptional member experience.
We are committed to creating a workplace that encourages equal opportunity and values the diversity each employee offers our credit union. We recognize personal and professional development by offering interactive training and learning opportunities for our industry. We are committed to building a culture that is fun, flexible, and people-centered. Our goal is to provide a rich environment and nurture our employees' skills every step of the way. In 2012, 2013 and 2014, we were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.